Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Ironman Nightmares Have Begun!

I got to my hotel late-ish Saturday night. Upon checking in, I realize that the race site is actually 5 hours away. There was supposed to be a charter bus to drive us all over, leaving at midnight, but no one seems to know anything about it at the hotel. In fact, they don't even seem to know what I'm talking about. My stepmom agrees to drive me so that I can "sleep" in the backseat. My dad wasn't planning on coming, but at the last minute does due to the midnight driving. My stuff seems to be scattered all over the hotel and it's getting close to midnight and I'm not even close to being ready. It's also not clear how everything is supposed to fit in the car for there to still be enough room for me to lie down and rest. The more I rush around trying to collect stuff, the more I realize I'm missing more stuff. Making it to the starting line at 7 is seeming more and more unrealistic but I've been training so hard and for so long, and so I rush around even more getting slower and slower by the minute.

And then I wake up.

Why do these dreams always involve getting to the race late or not having all your stuff ready or a combination? Well, I guess I should consider it a good thing that at least they're not about crashing or drowning...

2 comments:

kerrie said...

and then it gets freezing cold and super rainy during the race and you have to finish wearing a garbage bag dress.......

Jessica said...

Okay, so one nightmare has already come true. I don't need any more. Though it was a beautiful garbage bag dress...